INSTRUCTIONS - D22 Front Inner Guards Posted on 5 Sep 13:45
The installation of the Nissan Navara D22 Front Inner Guards requires minimal mechanical knowledge and tools. It is important to follow these instructions.
- Crimper if you chose the rivnut hardware
- Alan Key Set
- Hot air gun/hair dryer
All models are slightly different in regards to the shape of the guard itself, and how many mounting points are used.
All front inner guards use original holes, which need to be drilled out slightly larger to suit the hardware selected (see below for further information).
- Line up the inner guard to where it is to be placed, mark which holes are used by the inner guard (so you know which holes to drill out, as not all original holes are used). Be careful that there are no lines, or cables, or pipes etc behind where you are about to drill. I highly recommend using a stopper on the drill bit, to prevent drilling too far. This can be simply masking tape around the end of the drill bit to stop it.
- Drill out marked holes (see below for the correct hole size).
- The top front tabs on both guards need to be bent with a bit of heat and some pliers to sit nicely on the car. The bend lines are indicated by the little triangles on the tab, with each tab needing 2 bends. Line up the peaks with your pliers and put a 90 degree bend in it, as shown below. A small amount of heat is needed for a clean and easy bend:
- FOR ABS MODEL VEHICLES ONLY - A small semi-circular cut out will need to be done to clear the ABS line on each side, this is easily done with a Jig Saw or a Large drill bit and sharp Stanly knife, CAREFULLY.
- Place inner guard back into place and insert hardware.
The hole needs to be drilled out to 9mm to suit Rivnuts.
You will need a Rivnut Crimping tool to use the Rivnuts.
If you do not have a Rivnut Crimper, you can install manuall. Here is a link to a Youtube Video demonstrating how.
Rubber Thread Inserts
The hole needs to be drilled out to 12mm to suit Rubber Thread Inserts.
No special tool is required.
The Rubber Thread insert is pushed into the drilled out hole.