Instructions - Munji Offset Diff Drop Kit (25mm) Posted on 20 Jan 08:46
The installation of this Offset Diff Drop Kit requires minimal mechanical knowledge and tools. All the original nuts and bolts are replaced with the bolts supplied.
N.B: It is highly recommended that the 4 retainer bolts that hold the diff cradle up are sprayed with wd40 or similar before attempting to undo incase there is rust in the thread. In the case of a seized bolt it could damage the rubber mount so please be careful.
- Good quality socket set with extension bar.
- Pry bar or lever of some kind.
- After the 4 bolts have been soaked with oil you will need to loosen all the bolts that hold the diff up to the cradle but do not fully drop them. 4 x vertical bolts
- Working on one side at a time e.g.
- Start on the driver’s side
- Have a hold of the diff whether it is tied up or a sturdy block under it to prevent it from falling. There will not be much weight but you don’t want the diff to hang off lines.
- Fully undo the 2 bolts on this side, as the diff lowers make sure it only lowers enough to fit the blocks in and replace the short blocks with the longer bolts as supplied.
- Remember this is an offset drop so there is 2 different length blocks to achieve the clearance for the cross member.
- The longer blocks are to be fitted to the front mounts and the shorter to the rear.
- Repeat this process to both sides.
- When tensioning the bolts you will want to do them up tight. (torque 100lb-ft)
Always test drive before heading off to make sure everything is tight and clearance is where needed
If you have any issues please contact me and I am more than happy to assist.
Drive safe and happy 4wheeling.