4JJ1 Intercooler Fan Mounting Bracket (suit standard body) Posted on 25 Jun 18:54
The installation of this Intercooler Fan Mounting Bracket requires minimal mechanical knowledge and tools. It is important to follow these instructions.
- Allen key
- First thing to do is lift your bonnet to gain access to the engine cover and remove the cover from the engine.
- On the underside of the scoop there is 4x prongs that clip the engine cover down - these are the positions that match up to the holes on the mounting bracket.
- With a 6mm drill bit drill out the hole in the center of each mount prong so the hole now comes out the face/top of the enigne cover.
- Careful not to injure your self while drilling.
- The counter sunk holes in the plate help to determine the way the plate sits on the cover.
- Use the long M6 bolts to fit through the plate from top and use the nut provided to lock it down.
- The fan will line up with the other holes and the bolts come up from underneath.
- If the fan looks to be too close to the bonnet/scoop, there is a spacer between the fan motor and the fan body. This can be removed or cut down to suit the application. Becareful the fan does not side low and contact the intercooler.
- There is double sided tape supplied/fitted to the front section of the shroud, please make sure the surface of the engine cover is cleaned before securing the shroud. This is to help prevent vibrations some people have noticed at idle.
Wiring of the fan options:
I have mine switched off the ignition power through a relay. The easiest place to pick up the ignition power is to tee off the supply to the wiper motor.
In addition you can switch off the ignition and through a thermo switch. This is totally up to you. But please do make sure to run the main power through a fuse to suit the fan motor draw.
If you have any issues please contact me and I am more than happy to assist.
All the best with your 4wheeling. Stay safe.