Instructions - Steering Shaft Extension Clamp for standard body - 2" body (2012 to 2017) Posted on 25 Sep 11:30
The installation of this Steering Shaft Extension Clamp requires minimal mechanical knowledge and tools. It is important to follow these instructions. The original bolts are reused.
N.B: Do not play with the steering wheel as over spinning will while not connected will cause the breakage of the clock spring.
- 12mm Socket
- First things first, lock in the steering lock to prevent loosing the position of the wheel, this will assist with alignment.
- From the engine bay undo and remove the 2x bolts on the original clamp (12mm spanner/socket needed)
- Slide the clamp up the shaft and then you will find the shaft will move and allow you to remove the original clamp.
- Start installing the new clamp, the new clamp needs to be lined up with teh bolts and the flat spot on the shaft otherwise it will not fit.
- if the spline is dirty the new clamp will not slip on easy, you may need to clean the spline with wire brush.
- Slide the clamp up on the shaft and line up to the lower shaft, then lower the clamp onto the lower spline.
- The bolt will only slide in when the clamp is correctly positioned.
- Tighten the bolts and your done.
If you have any issues please contact me and I am more than happy to assist.
All the best with your 4wheeling. Stay safe.