Instructions - EGR Delete Module Posted on 27 Sep 09:41
The installation of these modules requires minimal mechanical knowledge and no tools. It is important to follow these instructions.
- First things first, please read the instructions on the box for a brief description.
- Make sure the engine is OFF and keys are in your pocket.
- Ignition must be off for at least 30 seconds, some cars may take longer to shut down the ecu. You will hear noises in the engine bay similar to buzzing which is the solenoids powered up, you have to wait until these noises are no longer audible and often hear the Throttle Control Valve complete a cycle before all is quiet. It is at this point that you are now safe to unplug the MAF Sensor (Mass Air Flow Sensor) located on top of the Air Box.
- The plugs do have a safety tab on them which needs to be pressed in to release the plug.
- The module has Dielectric Grease applied already and must stay in the plug.
- The module is similar to an extension lead with a male and female plug.
- One end will plug in to the MAF sensor and the other end plugs back into the original loom.
- You need to make sure the safety clip clicks/locks in as you press the plug in.
- As soon as you have complete the circuit again, the engine is good to start.
- To remove, reverse the install instructions.
Some vehicles the readings will differ. Not all will read as "0% flow" although their EGR system is dormant.
- Early Isuzu 4JJ1 engine can read flow but is actually the BOV actuation read by the position sensor on the egr solenoid.
- Early 3l Ranger/BT50 engine will read 4.17% flow consistent which is that motors Zero.
- Late 3.2/2.2 Ranger/BT50 reads 20% flow which is that motors Zero.
If you have any issues please contact me and I am more than happy to assist.
All the best with your 4wheeling. Stay safe.