Installation - Steering Shaft Extension clamp suit body lift - Isuxzu/Mazda/Holden/Mitshibishi Posted on 12 Sep 13:39
The installation of this Steering Shaft Extension Clamp requires minimal mechanical knowledge and tools. It is important to follow these instructions.
N.B: Do not play with the steering wheel as over spinning will while not connected will cause the breakage of the clock spring.
WARNING - This part is made from Chromoly, which is a very strong material. The part is very precise, and before sending the part out, each one is tested to ensure a perfect fit. When installing, it MUST align as per the original spline, otherwise it will not fit. If you attempt to spread the part, it will split. Any questions or concerns, please contact us via telephone so we can assist with the installation.
- 12mm Socket
- First things first, lock in the steering lock to prevent losing the position of the wheel, this will assist with alignment.
- From the engine bay undo and remove the bolts on the original clamp (12mm spanner/socket needed)
- Slide the clamp up the shaft and then you will find the shaft will move and allow you to remove the original clamp.
- Start installing the new clamp, the new clamp needs to be lined up with the bolts and the flat spot (master spline) on the shaft otherwise it will not fit.
- if the spline is dirty the new clamp will not slip on easy, you may need to clean the spline with wire brush.
- Slide the clamp up on the shaft and line up to the lower shaft, then lower the clamp onto the lower spline.
- The bolt will only slide in when the clamp is correctly positioned.
- Tighten the bolts and your done.
If you have any issues please contact me and I am more than happy to assist.
All the best with your 4wheeling. Stay safe.